Why is it necessary to get an ANNUAL PHYSICAL/ WELLNESS EXAM?
Getting a yearly checkup is important in maintaining good health.
Regular health exams, tests and screenings can help find problems before they start. These routine exams can help identify hidden conditions that often don’t become apparent until serious disease related symptoms appear as in the case of diabetes and high blood pressure. An annual exam will also help identify an individual’s specific risk factors (age, diet, lifestyle habits, family history) for disease. Once your risk factors have been identified, your health care provider can provide information and counseling on disease prevention related to those risk factors. By getting the right health services, screenings, and treatments, you are taking steps that help your chances for living a longer, healthier life.
A key part of an ANNUAL PHYSICAL is obtaining key LABS. Xpress Care Clinic has a convenient lab (Ival llc) in our office.
Xpress Care Clinic provides affordable annual lab packages for men and women.
Annual labs for women include:
- CBC – Checks for anemia and infections.
- CMP – Checks kidney and liver function; Checks on many of your electrolytes such as potassium, sodium and calcium.
- TSH – Checks for Thyroid Disease
- LIPID – Checks Cholesterol Level
- A1C – Checks for Diabetes
Annual labs for men include:
- All of the above PLUS:
- PSA – Prostate Cancer Screening
- TOTAL TESTOSTERONE – Testosterone Screening
Other labs may be added on depending exam findings.
Note: It is important to not have anything to eat 8 hours before these labs are taken.
Other PHYSICALS Xpress Care Clinic provides includes:
- Women’s Gynecological Exam (Includes Pap Smear and Breast Exam)
- Well Child Exam (2 years and older)
- School Physicals
- Sports Physicals
- Camp Physicals
- Pre-employment Physical & Drug Testing
- Drug Screen Options
- 10 Panel
- Hair Follicle
- Rapid Urine Screens
- Mobile Testing Available
To learn more about our Physicals or set up an appointment, you can call our Conroe clinic at 936-760-8500 or our Spring clinic at 346-272-0007.